Sunday, March 13, 2016

Ideas


I'm currently trying to come up with ideas for our opening scene. There were two websites I was advised to look at, and they were 15 common mistakes that amateur filmmakers make and how to write a thriller. One of the most impacting advice I got from both websites is that you should keep away from cliches. Angela and I are coming up with more ideas that will make the audience think that it's not just another scary movie. Friday was the day that I met up with other students who were working on film and magazines as well. One of them suggested that we could start the film with really happy music and then we could suddenly change the music to sound dreary and suspenseful. I really liked this idea because I remember watching a film called he loves me, he loves me not in french class, and it relates to what our classmates have said.This film starts off with really happy and lovey dovey music, making me think that it was going to be another love story, until it turned out to be the total opposite. She ended up being a psychopath who was terrorizing a man and his family for a very long time. The part where my classmates and I noticed that this wasn't another love story was when the music changed from exciting and jubilant to creepy and dramatic. That's another factor that both of the  websites have advised me on. Music and sound can really be a  major factor for the film because it could either keep the audience really interested or bored.That's it for today folks!



"How to Write a Thriller." Creative Writing Now. N.p., n.d. Web.
http://www.creative-writing-now.com/how-to-write-a-thriller.html


Renee, V. "15 Common Mistakes Amateur Filmmakers Make." No Film School. N.p., 11 Mar. 2015. Web.
http://nofilmschool.com/2015/03/15-common-mistakes-amateur-filmmakers-make-fix

No comments:

Post a Comment