Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Learn from your mistakes

Hey guys,

Yesterday, after leaving class I realised that I've made reckless mistakes along the way. While doing yesterday's  journal, I had to read " Time management on long term projects", and this website not only gave me  some pointers on how to make my portfolio project better, but it also had a list of weaknessess that anyone can make. I learned that I should gather all the concerns I have about the project and write it down, instead  of holding it in my memory. I also learned to determine specific deadlines that can be a step forward to reaching my goal. Some common problems that they've listed and that i can relate to are these:
  • Lack of Sleep
  • Not honoring the internal deadlines that you’ve set
  • Disorganized or Misfiled Information
  • Inability to focus; easily distracted.
I definitely realized that I should work on my weaknesses. By doing so, I would be helping Angela more often. I could help her by editing the video more often. This will lead me to contribute more in the project.
Well, that's it folks! See you later. 


Student Academic Services. "Time Management on Long Term Projects." ­ Academic Skills Center: Study Skills Library. Cal Poly, Web. 
http://sas.calpoly.edu/asc/ssl/timemgmt­longtermprojects.html  

3 comments:

  1. Hey Stephanie, I love the look and feel of your blog, especially how the background compliments your idea. I feel like your opening is going to turn out really good, I’m looking forward to seeing the ending result! However, for your first post, cite your sources at the end because hyperlinks are not enough. Also, watch capitalization of title films and italicize them, as well as other minor grammar mistakes throughout. For example, I’m pretty sure it’s misc en scene, not misce en scene. On another note, I absolutely adore the special effects makeup, it looked very realistic! Other things I would suggest would be to post the whole storyboard, not just part of it. Lastly, for
    the “How Angela Made Me Cry” post, maybe add part of the video that you took and really liked so that it adds more depth to the post. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your overall blog, the storyline, and the overall production, especially the mise-en-scene, but I would cite your sources with hyperlinks, and work on capitalization. I would also work on underlining movies or TV shows you use as a part of your research, such as "How i met your mother". The background is also amazing and I like how it goes with the overall genre of the story. Can't wait to see your film opening! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, super sweet background. I like the idea and I can tell that you’re really into it by how much time you’re spending on it. I would explain a little more in the posts to go deeper and fully show the process. For the future, I noticed that when you include a hyperlink it generally doesn’t come with an explanation or a summary. It’d be nice to be told what’s important from that link in case it’s too long or we don’t have time to read it. Keep showing your personality through your posts, you seem very genuine.

    ReplyDelete