Saturday, March 19, 2016

Mise en scene

Hey guys!
Today I want to give you an overview of the films mise en scene. I want to go in depth by giving a description of the setting,  the props, and the casting of our characters, other than the protagonist, whom I described in my last post.

Setting- I was thinking that the plot should take place in a suburban city. A family oriented city, where you would normally think that there's no crime. Currently, Angela and I were debating which house we should shoot the opening for the film; hers or mine. Either way, we would have to make some edits along the way. We also want to show that the girl was from the upper middle class.

Props- When the protagonist enters the house, she will notice that there's something wrong. The house will look like a mess. For example, there would be papers on the floor, shattered glass everywhere, and books on the floor. We would also use fake blood and scatter it in different areas of the house.

Antagonist- The antagonist would be wearing all black, so the audience wouldn't know who it was.I have an idea that I got from the show Pretty little liars . The character Allison is someone that the protagonists haven't found for a very long time. When the protagonists see someone wearing all black, they have the letter A sown on their clothing, or they find a threatening note nearby. This would be considered a clue. Therefore, I would like to add a letter to the antagonist's clothing. It doesn't have to be necessarily an A.



"Pretty Little Liars." IMDb. IMDb.com, n.d. Web.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1578873/

No comments:

Post a Comment